Here at Nourishing Charlotte, we like to focus on the healing power of nutrient-dense, real food as well as the positive benefits of sustainable farmers and markets. But the GMO situation is constantly in the news these days so we thought it would be appropriate to provide some helpful information and convenient links. Be sure to scroll to the end of this post for a very important link to Just Label It’s online petition regarding GMOs.
- Monsanto has been named the Worst Company of 2011 by Natural Society for “threatening both human health and the environment.”
- Dr. Mercola offers this chart of the revolving door between Monsanto and and our federal government.
- Natural News makes the case that nearly all corn and soy products purchased at grocery stores are genetically modified and may place your health at risk.
- The Weston A. Price Foundation website offers this article on How To Avoid Genetically Modified Foods.
- The Institute for Responsible Technology provides their Non-GMO Shopping Guide and Non-GMO Shopping Tips as free downloads here.
*** Just Label It provides this online petition to the FDA, asking them to require the mandatory labeling of genetically engineered foods. ***